Hot stone massage therapy melts away tension, eases muscle stiffness and increases circulation and metabolism.
Hot stone massage is a specialty massage where the therapist uses smooth, heated stones, either as an extension of their own hands, or by placing them on the body while they massage other parts of the body.
The heat can be both deeply relaxing and help warm up tight muscles so the therapist can work more deeply, more quickly.
Who Shouldn’t Get Hot Stone Massage?
Hot Stone massage is not appropriate if you have diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, or are on medication that thins your blood.
You shouldn’t get a hot stone massage if you are pregnant or have a sunburn.
You also may want to reconsider if you are menopausal, as it may trigger a hot flash.
Benefits of Hot Stone Massage
- Provides relief from pain associated with fibromyalgia, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome and other chronic conditions
- Decreases pain and muscle spasms
- Reduces chronic stress and tension
- Increases flexibility in joints, aiding in easier mobility and movement
- Relieves pain and tension created by strained and contracted muscles